Dr. Harris is certified through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) to better provide services to help take your performance to the highest levels possible. These different fields include the following:
Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT)
- The Certified Personal Trainer certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine is one of the highest regarded personal trainer certifications within the fitness industry. The methods and education learned to gain the certification is built and expanded upon the current Optimum Performance Training (OPT) model which is a system based on scientific, evidence-based research.
Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM-CES)
- As a certified Corrective Exercise Specialist through the National Association of Sports Medicine, movement compensations, or patterns that show areas and regions of the body that are strong or weak, are assessed and analyzed to better be able to design more effective and efficient exercise programs for clients. This allows for both generalized and specific assessments of clients to be broken down into smaller, more in-depth pieces to identify the parts of the body in need of attention.
Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (NASM-PES)
- As a certified Performance Enhancement Specialist through the National Association of Sports Medicine, cutting edge strength and conditioning programs can be made for clients of all levels to help them reach their peak performance levels. Efforts are also made to improve different performance variables including but not limited to speed, agility, quickness, lifting and more.
Certified Behavioral Change Specialist (NASM-BCS)
- As a certified Behavioral Change Specialist through the National Academy of Sports Medicine, one of the biggest goals is to create authentic, long-lasting change in the lives of clients. This is done by helping to identify things that motivate clients the most and how to use them to build sustainable results. These methods include effective goal setting, behavior change techniques, cognitive behavior therapy techniques, effective imagery, interpersonal and social influence on change, and many more. The ultimate goal is to help clients reach goals they never thought they could and never thought possible!
Certified Nutrition Coach (NASM-CNC)
- As a certified Nutrition Coach through the National Academy of Sports Medicine, we are able to relay relevant knowledge and abilities to design and deliver top-quality individualized nutrition coaching for our patients and clients. This can help in assisting to increase the success in both health and fitness related goals. This coaching DOES NOT include developing individualized meal plans based on your current medical condition. These recommendations MUST be made by a Registered Dietician or Certified Nutritionist. Necessary referrals to these specialists can be readily made in the event they are warranted.
Certified Women's Fitness Specialist (NASM-WFS)
- As a certified Women's Fitness Specialist through the National Academy of Sports Medicine, we are able to confidently design and adjust fitness programming for the female client regardless of their stage of life. This includes exercise variables and modifications for flexibility, cardiorespiratory, core, balance, plyometrics, and resistance training. Individuals can also be educated on fitness assessments, psychological considerations, and nutrition.